Starlight Way House
Amenities and Design Features
Recent updates, including a new porch roof, berber carpet, paint, water heater, mahogany laminated wood flooring, stucco and updated master shower, make this home truly move-in ready.
- Spectacular Views to Mexico and Arizona
- Open Floor Plan & Abundant Natural Light
- Low Voltage Lighting Throughout with Dimmers
- Double Pane Metal Clad Sierra Pacific Windows & Doors
- Two Double French Doors Open to Patio
- High Efficiency Rinnai Heaters
- Double Cell Graber Crystal Pleat Honeycomb Blinds
- 2” Maple-Color Basswood Blinds
- Cultured Stone Living Room Wall (Carolina Ledgestone)
- Hand-Troweled Structolite Plaster Walls
- Hand-Brushed Glaze-Finished Plaster
- Crackleur Finish on All Custom Interior Doors
- Tongue and Groove Ceiling Pine in Master Bedroom & Bath
- Ceiling Fans
- Scan High Efficiency European Wood Stove
- Custom Pine Cabinets with Glass Inserts
- 3” Bowling Lane Solid Maple Cook Island
- Pull-out Kitchen Shelving
- All Stainless Appliances
- Corrugated Tin Kitchen Ceiling
- Italian Tumbled Marble Tile Kitchen Counter
- India Slate Shower with Glass Door
- Italian Tumbled Marble Tile and Cultured Stone in Bathrooms
- Above Counter Porcelain Ceramic Vessel Bathroom Sinks
- Two Point-of-Use Water Heaters (1 gas and 1 electric with timer)
- Mahogany Laminate Flooring and Berber Carpet
- Walk-in Closet
- Chrome and Nickel Silver Hardware
- Courtyard Fountain
- Protective Metal Awnings
- Standing Seam Metal Roof
- India Slate Patio with Porch Mister and Skylights
- Retractable Clothesline
- Native Landscaping with Drip Irrigation
- Mature Deciduous Aspen and Ash Trees Incorporated in Passive Solar Design
- Passive Cooling Design
- Cost Saving Evaporative Cooler
- Insulated Automatic Garage Door
- Attic Garage Storage
- Built-in Garden Tool Storage
- Washer and Dryer Included
- R-38 Ceiling Insulation
- R-21 Exterior Wall Insulation
- R-43 Kitchen Ceiling Insulation
- R-30 Garage Ceiling Insulation
- Security Fencing with Gate & Automatic Security Lights
- 2 Bedrooms and 1.5 Baths
- Propane/Wood Stove/Passive Solar Heat (500 Gal. Propane Tank-Owned)
- 1615 Sq. Ft.
- One Car Garage
- 4.7 GPM Well
- Water Rights
- 11.5 Acres with Abundant Native Pinon and Juniper Trees
- Absolute Privacy, Security, Peace and Quiet
Your New Home Awaits
Boulder Green Points
The City of Boulder, Colorado created the Green Points Building Program to fulfill the mandate of greener, more sustainable new and remodeled home construction in the greater Boulder area. The program was established in 2011. Every new home or remodel applying for a building permit would have to score at least 20 points in their program for a home that was 1,500 to 3,000 square feet in size.
Had the scoring been available when the Starlight Way house was built in 2001-2002, it would have received a score of 57 points. Listed below are the categories and the score the house had in each based on the program’s requirements.
- Landscaping/Xeriscaping 4 pts.
- Shading: saved and new trees 7 pts.
- Permeability of site 2 pts.
- Automatic irrigation 1 pt.
- New construction waste recycling 1 pt.
- Insulation 6 pts.
- Double pane windows 5 pts.
- Passive cooling (ventilation, shade, awnings) 3 pts.
- Evaporative cooling system 3 pts.
- Point of use water heater 2 pts.
- Dimmers and low voltage lighting 2 pts.
- South face solar gain 6 pts.
- Pre-wired for solar electric 1 pt.
- Water efficiency 4 pts.
- Efficient framing of structure 6 pts.
- Recycled or local content 2 pts.
- Mechanical ventilation (ceiling fans) 2 pts.
Total: 57 points
Starlight House was built well before HERS and LEED programs and well before the Boulder Green Points Program, yet it is nearly three times as energy efficient and sustainable as the base line for a new home in the Boulder area under 3,000 square feet.
These additional sustainable elements at Starlight House are not included in the score, but also contribute to the home’s sustainability.
- SCAN wood stove in the living room High energy efficient Rinnai space heaters throughout home and studio